Care to Be the Best!
CNA certification is a nationally recognized nursing specialty credential for registered nurses. The first certification exam, offered in 1991, was in neuroscience nursing. Today, nearly 17,000 RNs are CNA certified in one of 20 specialties.
Certified RNs are…
- Recognized nationally for their practice excellence and commitment to lifelong learning
- Valued by employers, because their certification demonstrates specialized knowledge and brings many benefits to organizations
- Viewed as having enhanced professional credibility, because their certification shows they Care to Be the Best!
Important dates for nurses to get certified by exam and for certified nurses due to renew in 2017
- January 3 – March 1 › Application window to write exam and renew by exam
- May 1 – 15 › Certification exam window
- June 1 – September 1 › Application window to write exam and renew by exam
- November 1 – 15 › Certification exam window
January 3 – November 30 › Application window to renew by continuous learning