CNA offers RN certification in 20 nursing specialties or areas of nursing practice. The links below provide essential information about each specialty:
- Designation — The trademarked initials certified nurses are authorized to use and what they stand for
- National Nursing Specialty Association — Organizations that endorse and are actively involved in the CNA Certification Program
- Competencies — The knowledge and skills expected of a certified nurse that could be tested on the exam
- Blueprint — Instructions and guidelines on how competencies are measured on the certification exam
- Bibliography — Resources to help you prepare for the exam
The national associations for the specialties listed above are part of CNA’s Canadian Network of Nursing Specialties. If you’re not already a member of your national specialty association, learn more about them here.