Once you are a nurse, you want to make a good job decision. You will have a lot of career options, so here are some questions to consider:
- What type of setting do you want to work in? Examples include acute care hospitals, community health clinics, nursing homes, correctional services, home care, and mental health centres.
- Are you prepared to work a variety of hours and all days of the week?
- Do you want to work with a specific population, such as seniors or children?
- Would you prefer to work in an urban or a rural community?
- Do you want to work in a unionized or non-unionized setting?
- Do you want to work in policy?
- These are just a few of the options available to you as a nurse.
Browsing the links to the right can help you make a choice that best meets your needs.